8 July @ 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
This course is suitable for staff in the role of designated safeguarding lead (DSL) and deputy designated safeguarding lead (DDSL). The training will enable you to meet statutory responsibilities referenced in Keeping Children Safe in Education and Working Together to Safeguard Children.
This course is provided by an NSPCC accredited trainer and qualified social work manager of 20 years.
- £185 members
- £370 non-members.
- Basic Child Protection Training.
- Understanding the threshold of child protection including a deeper understanding of neglect & emotional abuse
- The latest additional safeguarding concerns, including:
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Tackling extremism
- Strategies to raise awareness in staff
- The legislative framework and statutory compliance
- Safeguarding files and accurate recordings
- Understanding safeguarding risks
- Thinking the Unthinkable
- Learning the lessons from Serious Case Reviews
- Creating best practice systems and procedures
- Key elements of a professional code of conduct
- The role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead & Governor.
- Revise knowledge concerning abuse, Childcare legislation and information sharing;
- Ensure commitment to putting children and their rights at the heart of the safeguarding
- Increase knowledge of up to date local information regarding safeguarding and protection of
children and implications for services;
- Increase confidence in supporting staff who are working with children and their families;
- Increase understanding in the use of reflective practice;
- Increase knowledge of LSCB procedures and the interface with agency procedures;
- Increase the understanding of the Serious Case Review process and lessons learned;
- Increase confidence in interagency working as a manager/designated person.
By the end of the course participants will understand:
- Their roles and responsibilities
- Thresholds of Child Protection
- Pathways of need and referrals.
Speaker: Ann Marie Christian, safeguarding consultant and trainer
Ann Marie is an award-winning International Safeguarding Consultant and NSPCC Associate & Accredited Trainer. With over 20 years front line child protection experience, Ann Marie helps organisations, charities, churches, the arts and education settings in understanding their statutory duty and responsibility in keeping children safe.