Sacpa represents organisations, associations, agencies and individuals involved in safeguarding and the welfare of children and adults at risk in the UK and overseas. Sacpa’s services to members include:
- Advice, guidance and an online forum
- Regular newsletters
- Resource library with more than 250 examples of policies from dozens of organisations
- Professional development courses
- Annual one-day conference
- Webinar programme
- External representation to government, media and other partners.
Type of membership
Sacpa offers three membership types and subscriptions.
- Professionals: Individual membership for titles including Designated Safeguarding Leads or Officers, Safeguarding governors, LADOS, consultants and trainers.
- Charities: Any charitable organisation directly involved in safeguarding and child protection or with associated responsibilities.
- Organisations: Any non-charitable organisation directly involved in safeguarding and child protection or with associated responsibilities. This could include education institutions or commercial organisations.
Example organisations include:
- Nurseries, childminders, nannies
- Schools (state, independent, language)
- Designated safeguarding leads
- Activity camps (holiday and after school)
- Guardianship and home stay agencies
- NHS staff
- Education professionals
- Voluntary groups
- Faith groups
- Sports groups
- Anyone with an interest in safeguarding and child protection.
Please note membership of Sacpa is not endorsement of any individual or organisation.