New College Swindon have an exciting new opportunity for Safeguarding Officers to join the team.
Salary: £24,903 – £32,455 pro rata
Job Type: Permanent, Term Time
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Just over two years ago, we merged to form one FE/HE College in Swindon and we are proud to showcase our successful £20m investment in the new Institute of Technology, all of which reflects our ambition to fulfil our potential for the communities we serve and deliver on our purpose: Better Lives Through Learning.
We believe that these exciting developments will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
Safeguarding Officers – Why Us?
– Generous holiday entitlement
– Excellent pension scheme
– Free car parking
– Staff development & training
– Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme, and more
Therefore, if you are looking for an exciting career opportunity and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, that values their staff, you have come to the right place.
Safeguarding Officers – This Role:
Working directly with students to provide pastoral support and personal resilience strategies, you will act as part of the safeguarding team providing a first response function when safeguarding concerns are raised. Working across and in all Curriculum Areas you will work with a multi-partner team approach to provide guidance to students in the form of short, intensive interventions that enable them to deal more ably with the issues that are affecting them day to day or longer term.
Safeguarding Officers – You:
– You will hold at least a level 3 Safeguarding Qualification with experience of working in a Safeguarding/Child Protection role and at least 3 years working in a related field such as youth work, social services, counselling, youth justice.
– You will demonstrate significant understanding of the requirements of working with young people and/or vulnerable adults in a role that includes supportive interventions with SEMH issues, challenging behaviour and have the ability to work to tight timeframes in highly pressurised situations whilst dealing with highly confidential information.
– Understanding of the key legislation and best practice approaches regarding Safeguarding and behaviour support as well as knowledge of referral systems to external agencies is expected.
– An empathetic communication style, and able to disseminate information effectively, both verbally and in writing at all levels, you will have flexibility and enthusiasm and the willingness to try out new ideas.
– Well-organised and self-motivated with up to date working knowledge of Microsoft office and ProMonitor
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Click here to apply.