Job Ref: CYP-20-083
Job type: Full-time 35 hours
Closing date: Sunday 11 April 2021, 11:59pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £37,491 – £39,462 per annum (PO2)
This is an exciting opportunity that will support the Access, Inclusion and Participation Service, within the Children and Young People Directorate at Lewisham Council.
The role provides the opportunity support the Councils’ obligations to ensure it fulfils its safeguarding responsibilities in education by ensuring the appropriate accountability mechanisms as outlined by the Lewisham Safeguarding Children Partnership (LSCP).
The successful candidate would work with LSCP and education providers to ensure section 175/157 audits and/ or section 11 audits are completed as required, ensuring that all providers are accountable and have access to the advice and support they need to ensure effective safeguarding in their settings.
The role would also provide an opportunity:
- To ensure that the schools and other education establishments comply, contribute and practice a full and appropriate role in the partnership responsibility for safeguarding children and protecting them from harm.
- To support the effective delivery of safeguarding services in line with the requirements of the Children and Young People’s Plan and LSCP.
- To deliver traded services and to ensure that the service meets departmental targets and the highest standard of work quality.
- Monitor and track performance of schools in line with local and national legislation and guidance and proactively tackle issues of concern.
- To work with the Safeguarding, EHE and AP Manager to ensure timely contact where relevant with government departments, Ofsted and other relevant national organisations, particularly with respect to parental complaints relating to safeguarding and produce termly reports to the Safeguarding, EHE and AP Manager.
It would include the development of effective service plans, based on legislative requirements, corporate policies and good practice principles, enabling the service to respond positively and effectively to local and national initiatives.
Laurence House, Catford, SE6 4RU
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic person with a pro-active approach to work and knowledge of:
- good practice regarding services to vulnerable children and their families.
- relevant legislation, guidance, policy and procedures in respect of children and vulnerable adults, including data protection.
- safeguarding policies and procedures with regard to schools and other educational settings.
- school management and associated roles and responsibilities including understanding of Ofsted requirements re: safeguarding.
The successful candidate should also have significant experience of working practice gained within one of the partner agencies of the Local Safeguarding Children Partnership (includes schools, further or higher education, etc) and undertaking safeguarding duties in a school/education or partner agency setting.
To be successful you should have previous experience in a similar role and have excellent communication and organisational skills.
In return, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that includes a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
£37,491 – £39,462 per annum (PO2)
For an informal discussion, please contact Natasha Orumbie, Safeguarding and Inclusion Manager, on 020 8314 9474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The post is subject to a DBS.
For a full job description, person specification, or to apply, please click here:
Closing date: Sunday 11th April 2021, 11:59pm
Interview date: Tuesday 20th April 2021
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.