Lead on the implementation of high quality and robust safeguarding, Prevent, EDI and welfare strategy. Ensuring consistent implementation of the policy & procedures across Total People. Ensuring safeguarding arrangements are in place for all learners at Total People, including children & vulnerable adults.
To consistently promote the safety and welfare of learners including children & vulnerable adults at Total People, ensuring that processes, reporting procedures and awareness training are fully embedded and understood by all staff and learners in line with government and educational policies and guidance.
Take a lead role in providing innovative and engaging curriculum resources and materials that contribute to the education, welfare, safety & empowerment of learners at Total People in context of safeguarding, Prevent and Channel.
To be a champion of best practice to support a genuine Equality, Diversity & Inclusion culture across Total People.
Champion high-quality curriculum resources, materials and activities that engage, promote awareness, tackle discrimination, and promote well-being & inclusion.
You must be highly motivated, professional, organised, flexible and dedicated to promoting the safety and welfare of learners, including children & vulnerable adults.
You will need excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
You will lead on the upskilling and management Total People’s Safeguarding Officers across Total People ensuing they receive the appropriate support to carry out their duties effectively.
You must be able to expertly advise colleagues on best practice in relation to safeguarding, Prevent, Channel, EDI & welfare.
This post is offered on a permanent basis, working 37 hours per week. Due to the nature of this post you must be willing to travel where the role requires.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Complete DSL training & other specialist training as required
- Maintain current knowledge of legislation & guidance
- Support the on-going review of effective safeguarding policies and procedures relating to all aspects of safeguarding.
- Manage Total People’s Prevent risk assessment, linking in with colleagues across the business as required. Ensure a smooth implementation of actions to ensure quality of provision & a positive learner experience.
- Act as the primary DSL in relation to responding to learner concerns & disclosures within agreed timescales, providing an appropriate support package to learners, colleagues, and others as appropriate. Ensuring statutory requirements in relation to recording, responding & reporting concerns are met.
- Work in partnership with external agencies where required to support learners (across a wide range of Local Authorities)
- Attend external safeguarding strategy meetings
- Collate, analyse, track and monitor safeguarding data, reporting to the Head of Safeguarding (Teaching & Learning Manager)
- Collate, track, monitor and analyse Total People’s EDI data, reporting to the Teaching & Learning Manager.
- Lead on the upskilling and management of the safeguarding officers across Total People ensuring that they receive the appropriate training and support to carry out their duties effectively.
- Lead on the identification, development and delivery of staff training in relation to Safeguarding, Prevent, Channel, EDI and welfare.
- Champion EDI in all aspects of practice at Total People, making recommendations for improvements and supporting the Teaching & Learning Manager to drive this forward.
- Provide advice, support, guidance and supervision to deputy DSLs and DPs.
- Take part in supervision practices.
- Act as a primary point of contact for all safeguarding & EDI queries, providing a timely response and ensuring statutory requirements are met.
- Respond to incidents and critical incidents, ensuring timely response in line with statutory guidance and appropriate reporting procedures.
- Chair Total People Safeguarding & EDI meetings.
- Design & support delivery of safeguarding & EDI training & awareness in line with calendar events to enhance the core curriculum & learner experience
- Design & deliver safeguarding & EDI training & information sessions to colleagues to enhance safeguarding knowledge, awareness reporting procedures, understanding of local & national hot topics. Designed to improve & enrich learners experience at Total People.
- Ensure that Safeguarding and EDI information is shared across the organisation, including changes in legislation & guidance and ensure best practice is promoted.
- Work with other Total People specialists as the role requires such as H&S manager and the SENCo
- Undertake Safeguarding & EDI audits / reviews as directed by the Teaching & Learning Manager
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Qualification L3 or willing to work towards
- Significant & relevant experience in dealing with safeguarding issues for children & adults
- Experience of working with internal & external agencies to support safeguarding and champion EDI
- Sound knowledge of GDPR and information sharing
- Understanding of the policies, processes, and frameworks of safeguarding, Prevent, EDI & welfare
- Level 2 in Maths and English or equivalent or willing work towards
- Relevant experience of carrying out administrative duties
- Experience of leadership roles in Safeguarding or Equality & Diversity & Inclusion
- Experience of supporting Ofsted inspections from a safeguarding perspective
- Experience of delivering Safeguarding or EDI training
- High level of interpersonal, communication skills (written & verbal)
- Highly motivated
- Ability to champion and promote new ways of working which meet the needs of the business
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Ability to build relationships and be a proven influencer, both internally and externally
- Able to interpret legislation, guidance and policies and apply to practice in the context of post 16 education
- Highly organised and effective time management skills
- Willing to work flexible hours where the role requires it (travel will also be an essential when the role requires it).
- Ability to use various Microsoft Office tools, such as: Excel, Word, Teams, PowerPoint
- Experience using interactive learning technology to deliver training / awareness
- Fully flexible working pattern– responsibility for planning your own diary
- Competitive Salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Development opportunities through our own in-house programmes and recognised qualifications
Total People is one of the largest providers of apprenticeships and work-based learning in the northwest. For more information on what we do please visit us at www.totalpeople.co.uk. If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, please click on the ‘Apply online’ button below.
Total People is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the job description.
The closing date for this job advert is 23/08/2021, however sometimes the job advert may close early if we receive a good response so we recommend you apply at your earliest opportunity.
Total People is committed to the safeguarding, protection and wellbeing of young people and adults. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For more information, or to apply, please click here.