Head of Safeguarding
The BSA Group
The BSA Group is looking for an experienced Head of Safeguarding to join its expanding team and support its members.
The BSA Group
The BSA Group is the trading name of The BSA Group Services Ltd, based in Queen Anne’s Gate, London., comprising:
- BAISIS (British Association of Independent Schools with International Students) representing 92 UK members
- BSA (Boarding Schools’ Association) representing 610 members in 37 countries
- HIEDA (Health in Education Association) launched July 2021
- SACPA (Safeguarding and Child Protection Association) representing 300 members in 24 countries
- BSAB Education Ltd, joint venture company operating org.
We offer a broad range of services to members including:
- Professional development
- CPD, events and conferences
- Guidance, advice and lobbying
- Marketing and promotion
- Professional accreditation
- Certified agents and guardians
BSA Group is looking to expand its safeguarding team, which includes a Director of Safeguarding, to appoint an experienced safeguarding professional with strong operational experience to support the leadership and delivery of safeguarding services across the Group, with a particular focus on SACPA.
The successful candidate will have significant knowledge and experience within all areas of safeguarding and will be involved in the delivery of CPD, assist with policy and advocacy and be the first point of contact for member safeguarding concerns.
Working as leader in the field you will need to be able to think on your feet and work in a fast paced, ever changing environment. The post holder will have high level communication skills that works with all levels of the organisation and be able to effectively support our members.
A confident ability to form professional partnerships with members and like-minded organisations and a proven experience of sharing good practice and setting high standards is a must.
- Operational and strategic experience within a statutory agency with a thorough understanding of relevant law and guidance of the UK
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of contemporary safeguarding within statutory and non-statutory organisations
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, with the skills to submit succinct and accurate reports where needed
- A track record of building partnerships with similar agencies to enhance the safeguarding portfolio of the Group
- Thorough understanding of the need for timely and accurate referrals and evidence of this experience
- Demonstrate the ability to offer sound legal and procedural advice to partners
- Create performance measures and demonstrate how “added value” has been brought to the Group as a result of this role
- Being prepared to research and understand the complexities of global safeguarding in regions where the Group members operate
- Offer CPD to members and demonstrate outstanding presentational skills.
Salary and benefits
£45,000 – £48,000 per annum. 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, three days at Christmas and your birthday off. 10% pension contribution and cycle to work scheme.
A team of 15, the majority of our staff work remotely, and we are looking for an enthusiastic, well-organised team player to support the work of the BSA Group and complement our dynamic, ambitious team. Our head office is based in London, but this role can be located anywhere in the UK provided the post holder is willing to travel for meetings etc. as required. Out of hours work will be required from time to time.
We put life and family at the heart of what we do and as such, flexible working requests, will be considered.
The BSA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BSA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Please email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like an informal conversation about the role, please email us to arrange a time.
No agencies please.
This job description is intended as a guide to the general duties and responsibilities of this post, which reasonably may vary from time to time according to the needs of the BSA Group. It does not form part of the terms and conditions of employment.
The BSA Group
BSA Group’s mission is to support excellence in boarding, safeguarding, inclusion and health education. BSA Group comprises BAISIS (British Association of Independent Schools with International Students), BSA (Boarding Schools’ Association), HIEDA (Health in Education Association), SACPA (Safeguarding and Child Protection Association) and BSAB Ltd (owner of schoolplaces.org). BSA Group delivers services for more than 1,000 organisations and individuals in 37 countries worldwide.
British Association of Independent Schools with International Students
The British Association of Independent Schools with International Students (BAISIS) defines and shares best practice in academic and pastoral provision for international students in British independent schools. Founded in 1997, the association offers a supportive network, termly meetings, CPD sessions and one- and two-day certificated courses for teachers of international students and other staff involved in their care.
Boarding Schools’ Association
The Boarding Schools’ Association (BSA) is the largest membership association for boarding schools in the world. Founded in 1965, the BSA represents over 500 independent and state boarding schools in the UK, and more than 100 in over 37 countries overseas. The BSA mission is to champion boarding excellence and deliver boarding support worldwide.
BSAB Education Ltd
BSAB Education Ltd is a company jointly owned by the BSA Group and Bulldog Publishing. Formed in 2020, the organisation provides an on-line service to help schools market themselves and highlight places available in key year groups. The service enables participating schools to promote general information plus have a live field where they can log in to update details on specific year group vacancies.
Health in Education Association
The Heath in Education Association (HIEDA) launched in July 2021 with a mission is to champion health in education excellence. Hieda provides training and education on a wide variety of medical issues, delivered by healthcare professionals who are experts in their field.
Safeguarding and Child Protection Association
The Safeguarding and Child Protection Association (SACPA) champions excellence in safeguarding and child protection. Sacpa is the voice of safeguarding, providing a channel to government and other key agencies. The association represents organisations, associations, agencies and individuals involved in safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults in the UK and overseas. The association formally launched in January 2020 and is growing rapidly.