Home Based (National Role)
As the Adult Health & Social Services Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) for GP Strategies you will have overarching responsibilities regarding safeguarding in respect of the Health & Social Care and Business & Management provision within the organisation.
As DSL, you will act as a source of support, advice and expertise for safeguarding within the organisation, ensuring that engagement in the Adult Care sector and Business & Management Sector are meeting its legal and statutory requirements.
You will have an in-depth knowledge of safeguarding guidance (such as the care act 2014) and related pieces of legislation (e.g. the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Act) that the workplace must follow.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To support a team of adult care services safeguarding support leads ensuring all cases are reviewed within an agreed timescale, case risk is assessed and escalated with lessons learnt.
- Advise and support the senior team in developing and establishing the organisation’s approach to safeguarding
- Manage safeguarding concerns, allegations or incidents reported to the organisation
- Provide the management team and Governance with monthly reports on incidents patterns, trends, and status
- To play a role in maintaining and reviewing the organisation’s plan for safeguarding.
- Coordinate the distribution of policies, procedures, and safeguarding resources throughout the organisation
- To ensure safeguarding policies and procedures are fully implemented and followed by staff, students, and volunteers
- Manage referrals to key safeguarding agencies (e.g. CQC, Safeguarding Adults board or police) of any incidents or allegations of abuse and harm
- To provide safeguarding induction for new staff and learners
- Evaluate the quality of safeguarding training and support received by learners
- Ensuring that all staff are trained, and a register is maintained of staff who have completed adult protection training
- To provide safeguarding advice and support to staff
- Being available for all apprentices, clients & employers of GP Strategies to discuss any safeguarding issues or concerns.
- Ensuring that cases of suspected safeguarding concerns are referred to the appropriate agencies including the Safeguarding Adults board and liaising with CQC to inform them of safeguarding actions taken
- Ensuring that adequate reporting and recording systems are in place and tested for safeguarding procedures, and that there are appropriate transferal procedures for records if students move.
- Ensuring that our Adult Care Academy safeguarding policies and procedures are up to date
- To manage the Adult Care Services Academy DBS and reference checks for all Apprentices and employers and make recommendations for serious case review to the Quality Forum
You Will Have
- Knowledge of safeguarding guidance and procedures
- Knowledge of types of abuse and harm
- Ability to work with conflict and emotionally distressing matters
- Ability to advise and support individuals at all levels within the organisation
- Influencing skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships with staff and others
- To act with integrity and respect when working with others
- Experience of working with multi agencies
- Ability to develop guidance and resources
- Administration management skills
GP Strategies Apprenticeships is part of GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX), an award winning, global provider of customised performance improvement programmes employing over 3,000 people in 25 countries.
Equality of opportunity is at the core of our recruitment process – you will be judged on your suitability for the job and nothing else.
Find Out More