This post is part of the Criminal Justice Social Work Team, which is responsible for the provision of a comprehensive criminal justice Social Work Service throughout the Shetland Islands. Our priority is for the provision of effective risk assessment and management of offenders within the community, whilst maintaining community safety. We are committed to the social inclusion and rehabilitation of offenders as a positive approach in the prevention of offending behaviour and maintenance of crime free lifestyles.
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
This vacancy is being advertised as a Career Graded post, which is a career development opportunity. This means that the Council is committed to supporting the successful candidate to obtain the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge to become fully competent in the role. Please see the Career Grade document attached to this advert that outlines the entry level requirements for the job and the expected career progression route. The successful candidate will be supported to become fully competent in the role and progress through the career grade. Where there is a requirement to achieve a qualification, this will be fully funded by the Council.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information –
- The grade of this post is J/K
- Please note that this job is Career Graded
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1732
- Permanent Part Time post for 18.5 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 12 months of the agreed start date
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Gremista, Lerwick, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Lee Williamson, Senior Social Worker, on 01595 744450, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.