Job Title: Counsellor
Pay: £25,365 pro-rata
Hours: 21 per week
Accountable to: Senior Counsellor – Mindspace
Based: Working principally in Perth.
Travel may be required to other locations as needed.
Mindspace is a community based voluntary organisation committed to supporting and promoting the mental wellbeing of people in the Perth area. Mindspace is funded by NHS Tayside, Perth & Kinross Council, the Scottish Government, and donations. Mindspace’s objective is to promote mental wellbeing in a safe and supportive environment. Services are provided through Counselling and Recovery College.
Purpose of Post:
To provide counselling for people aged 16+ who reside in Perth & Kinross, ensuring appropriate standards of delivery, client confidentiality and contributing to the development of the counselling service within Mindspace.
- To provide counselling support for people in Perth & Kinross within a range of settings as agreed
- Contribute towards the development of the counselling service (may be asked to cover rural location)
- Attend regular line management with the Senior Counsellor and closely liaise with the Senior Counsellor regarding service delivery
- Liaise with clients, referrers, and relevant agencies to ensure the service is accessible to and appropriate for clients
- Engage in regular external counselling supervision at a level agreed with Senior Counsellor and in line with BACP requirements
- Maintain confidentiality and child/vulnerable adult protection appropriate to setting
- Follow good practice and ethical guidelines as required by BACP
- Participate in team meetings and work with colleagues and contribute to the development of the counselling service and the wider organisation
- Maintain adequate records of clients and hours worked, and provide appropriate statistical returns as required
- Liaise with admin staff over new clients, and other relevant issues
- Carry out any other duties as agreed with the Senior Counsellor
Part-time hours: 21 per week
Application deadline: 22/03/2021
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £25,365.00 per year
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
For more information or to apply: Child Protection Jobs in Scotland – March 2021 | Indeed.com