- This event has passed.
Sacpa – KCSIE
21 June @ 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Date: June 21, 2022
- Time: 09:00 – 11:00
- Cost: Sacpa Member – £100, Non-member – £200
- Platform: Zoom (online)
This session will look at the changes to Keeping Children Safe in Education for 2022 and will highlight the management and compliance implications. Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 was released in May and comes in to effect from September 01, 2022.
KCSIE is for all practitioners in schools as well as governing bodies, proprietors and management committees. As such, this session will highlight the changes published in KCSIE 2022 including how safeguarding and child protection training will help governors and trustees; updates on harmful online challenges; the importance of schools and colleges speaking with parents and carers about children’s access to online sites when away from school or college; clarity on the process for sharing low-level concerns, and more.
Training topics will include:
- Changes to KCSIE
- Impact on policies and procedures
- Impact on professional practice.
- Awareness of the new guidance
- How to update school policies and procedures to reflect the new guidance
- Understanding issues relating to implementation and dissemination to school staff.
- All practitioners working with children and young people, DSL, DDSL, in education settings in England.