Conference: Digital safeguarding conference
9 February @ 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Running alongside Safer Internet Day 2022, February 08, this conference highlights the importance of understanding the positives and pitfalls attributed to the internet, device use and social media when it comes to safeguarding. An often cited point of disconnect and disagreement between young people and professionals, lonely or isolated individuals and those trying to support, digital safeguarding is an area that needs increased awareness and understanding.
Training topics will include:
- Keeping up with the internet
- Digital disclosure
- Anonymity – a positive side?
- The world wide web: understanding cultural and regional variations to the norm.
- All practitioners working with children, young people or vulnerable individuals, DSL/DSO, DDSL, Safeguarding Manager/Lead, Safeguarding Governors, Safeguarding Trustees.
The conference programme and confirmed speakers will be published here.
Conference joining details will be sent out 24-48hrs before the conference with clear detail on how to join.
Programme topics include:
- Understanding the draft Online Safety Bill: what it means for you, and for providers
Professor Lorna Woods, OBE, Professor of Internet Law, University of Essex
- Exploring respect and relationships online
Will Gardner OBE, Chief Executive Officer, Childnet International
David Wright, Director, UK Safer Internet Centre at SWGFL
- The blurred lines of online gaming: when lines are crossed and how to protect users
Jacob Davey, Head of Research & Policy, Far-right and Hate Movements, Institute for Strategic Dialogue
- Digital citizenship: promoting right and wrong online
Jennie King, Head of Civic Action and Education, Institute for Strategic Dialogue
- In conversation with TikTok
Alexandra Evans, Head of Safety Public Policy, Europe, TikTok
- Online safety trends and issues update for safeguarding practitioners
Karl Hopwood, independent e-safety expert and Executive Committee Member, Sacpa
- Latest trends on the ground
- Member rate: £185
- Non-member rate: £370*
*If you would like to become a member and access discounted rates for Sacpa CPD and events, please click here.
- Virtual – Zoom
- United Kingdom
- The safeguarding and child protection association
- +44 (0)207 798 1585