A Vulnerability Development Officer is required for a permanent role paying up to £24,490.39 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Glasgow.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Vulnerability Development Officer with BTP you will provide timely, high quality and effective intelligence research in respect of all vulnerable people in contact with BTP, ensuring that we meet our statutory obligations in terms of mental health, adult at risk and child safeguarding legislation.
As a Vulnerability Development Officer you will be required to:
- Review and evaluate NICHE submissions and direct referrals from partners regarding vulnerable people and mental health incidents, requesting/tasking further detail from operational officers where necessary
- Conduct all relevant intelligence research using police systems and open-source facilities
- Collate all research, creating, updating and linking NICHE records as required in order to build an intelligence picture in support of risk assessment and mitigation, referral decisions and briefing requirements
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Vulnerability Development Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Previous experience in conducting in-depth research using a wide range of sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, an ability to prepare effective and concise written reports
- Problem solving and creative thinking
If you are interested in applying to this Vulnerability Development Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £24,490.39 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme (currently under consultation)
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 YEARS. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.