Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you a qualified level 2 fitness / gym instructor who wants to make a positive difference through sport and exercise?
Look no further and apply to join our Health and Wellbeing Team to deliver on our community weight management programme – ‘Shape Up’.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Delivering evening-based weight management sessions as part of a successful 12-week weight loss and behaviour change programme, in a two-person team.
- Presenting information about lifestyle, nutrition, and Physical Activity via PowerPoint to educate overweight and obese participants.
- Carrying, setting up and using equipment for circuit training, boxing pad work sessions & small, sided team games to keep sessions varied, yet still appropriate.
- Running engaging and appropriate physical fitness sessions (with support) and taking charge of group exercise activities and games.
- Making appropriate adaptations to sessions for those with medical issues or mobility limitations.
- Marking food diaries for participants on-course.
- Keeping participants engaged and answering queries occasionally via the use of WhatsApp groups.
You Must Have:
- Level 2 Fitness/Gym Instructor
- Strong knowledge of nutrition for healthy weight loss
- Strong knowledge of how to adapt exercise for those with Obesity
- Confident speaking skills
- Strong time-keeping skills
- Full Driving Licence and access to a vehicle
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- First Aid Qualification
- Safeguarding Qualification
- Behaviour change knowledge/training
- Experience working with arthritis, heart conditions, high blood pressure.
- Experience delivering talks/presentations to groups of more than 15
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC CSE Trust as a coach on our ‘Shape Up’ Programme download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located here Sessional Coach – Shape Up – Watford FC Community Sports & Education Trust (watfordfccsetrust.com)
- Please send a fully completed application form and application form to email@example.com or by post to Stephen McCarthy – Business Support Officer, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Stephen McCarthy at Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org