An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced candidate to join the Safeguarding Team at Norwich City Football Club in the role of Senior Safeguarding Officer. The purpose of the role is to charter the Club’s safeguarding strategy within the Academy, aligning Academy safeguarding practices with the safeguarding arrangements in football, Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021, and other relevant statutory and regulatory guidelines. This is an excellent role for someone with a high degree of professionalism and integrity, with a proven track record of managing high-pressure environments.
Key tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the delivery of safeguarding audit recommendations
- Drive risk management to mitigate organisational and reputational risk
- Promote a culture of inclusivity, accountability and transparency in safeguarding and wellbeing
- Represent the Club at networking forums and meetings, eg. FA and Local Partners
- Ensure safeguarding concerns are acted upon appropriately and outcomes are monitored to evaluate lessons learnt
- Lead on any investigation/management of Academy Safeguarding concerns and co-ordinate multi-disciplinary responses
- Develop education resources for the relevant staff to keep informed of safeguarding learning
- Support the DSO provision within the Academy and contribute to the wider DSO Club network
- Deliver the Club’s Care and Accommodation Provider strategy including developing placements, care plans, assessments and preparing annual reviews
- Attend PDP, YDP and FDP tours, tournaments and overnight competitions, leading on the risk assessment aspect
- To help develop a strong listening culture and to consult with Players, Parents/Carers, Staff to enrich the Academy experience
- To deputise for the Head of Safeguarding when required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong safeguarding and/or pastoral experience with demonstrable evidence of leading and implementing change. Additionally, candidates should have experience of undertaking care assessment processes, and knowledge of working within a professional sports environment is desirable.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join the Canaries, click ‘Apply’ now to become our Senior Safeguarding Officer!
Closing date: Friday 28 January 2022
Norwich City Football Club are committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.