With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Senior Director of Safeguarding, you will lead a division, including the World Vision International (WVI) Safeguarding Unit, to develop and lead implementation of a global strategy for end-to-end Safeguarding processes, including guidelines and tactical delivery at global, regional, and national levels. You will develop policy standards and best practices for technical leadership in child and adult safeguarding, including preventing sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
The WVI Safeguarding Unit is mandated by the WVI Board of Directors to provide global strategic and technical leadership for action across the World Vision Partnership in preventing harm through integration of safeguarding across operations and organisational processes.
The unit also ensures reporting and responding to child and adult beneficiary safeguarding risks and incidents, particularly focusing on a survivor-centred and professional approach to investigation and risk mitigation measures.
This role is critical to WVI fulfilling its Board-mandated commitment to be an organisation that is safe for the children and communities it serves, maximising our efforts to first do no harm to the children and families we engage with and minister alongside. Utilising your specialised knowledge of the safeguarding and related fields, you will shape internal and external discourse on key safeguarding topics, moving the organisation and sector closer to achieving “Do No Harm” principles.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a Legal, Human Resources, Management, Development, Humanitarian or Child Rights-related field; or field/practical experience working with situations of strategic leadership and/or policy formation, guidance and implementation.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a developing world environment, minimum 10 years working in NGO sector.
- Experience in strategic leadership, management, and/or policy formation, guidance and implementation.
- Seasoned experience and knowledge from best practice externally as well as field experience of managing child safeguarding and/or adult beneficiary safeguarding (PSEA) protocols.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English; language skills in Spanish, French, and/or Portuguese is a preferred.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online. We will be accepting applications until the right candidate is found.
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
For further information: Senior Director, Safeguarding (myworkdayjobs.com)