Salary: £28,000 – £30,000
Contract Type: Full-time
Closing Date: 10 December 2021
Senior Autism Practitioner
Central Area Services – Alloa
Full Time Position – 37 hours
£28,000 – £30,000
Scottish Autism is an organisation dedicated to enriching the lives of people with autism. Our mission is to enable autistic people to lead happy, healthy and fulfilling lives. We are now looking for a Senior Autism Practitioner to join our service at Central Area Services in Alloa.
Day opportunities – Supporting individuals with Autism to gain new skills and interests in a safe and thriving environment.
Housing Support -To support individuals with Autism to maintain their own tenancy and to provide care at home as required.
Adult Residential – To provide a home to individuals with Autism within a group setting while promoting life skills.
As the Senior Autism Practitioner, you’ll ensure the successful delivery of our services in Central. Leading a team of dedicated Autism Practitioners and Support Workers, you will inspire them to provide a high quality support service to individuals with Autism and complex needs. You will coach and mentor them to ensure they perform to the best of their ability.
Using your outstanding communication skills, you’ll collaborate with agencies, multi-disciplinary teams and families to implement support plans to help individuals to succeed in their day-to-day lives.
Actively involving yourself in the recruitment process, you will always be on the lookout for talented individuals who could make the team even stronger.
This is a superb opportunity to undertake exceptional training and lead a hard-working team to success.
We need people who share the following values with Scottish Autism
Our Values are:
- Collaboration – we work with others and value their opinions
- Compassion – we work with each other and our service users with care and kindness
- Change Makers – we never stand still, we move positively forward always focussed on quality and being the best
- Contribution – we love what we do, we never lose sight of our purpose and the difference we make in society
To be considered for this diverse role, you must have:
– Experience gained within a supervisory and/or management role
– A health and social care qualification, or the willingness to gain an SVQ Level
4 in health & social care and Leadership and Management for Care Services
(LMC) qualification provided by the organisation
– A good level of IT literacy, including MS Word and Excel
As part of your role, you will be required to undertake shift work, including weekends, evenings and required for on-call, so flexibility towards working hours is key.
We will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 32 days holiday (which increases with your length of service)
- Long service awards
- Employee Benefits offering discounts to High Street Shops, Cinemas and Gym Memberships
- Free access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme
- Workplace Pension
- Sector leading training from day one
- The opportunity to be part of one of the leading innovators in Autism Practice in the UK
The successful candidate must be willing to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check.
Please note all new employees must register with the SSSC within 6 months of starting in post. After registration, there is a requirement to be qualified within 3 years.
Scottish Autism operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. Candidates who have not received written confirmation within two weeks of the closing date for the position should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Scottish Autism is a smoke free organisation. Our aim is to protect the Health and Wellbeing of our employees and the individuals we support by providing a smoke free environment.
Closing Date – 10th December 2021
Valuing diversity and promoting equal opportunities is at the heart of our vision, mission and values.
We encourage and welcome applications from people with lived experience of autism.
Registered charity number is SC009068