Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school. We are a wonderfully diverse family of students and staff where our vision is to inspire all students to lead remarkable lives. We offer the widest range of extra-curricular enrichment possible to ensure our students are rich in knowledge and character. We want students to achieve academic excellence, develop strength of character and above all else, be happy. Our school is:
- A stronger-than-ever ‘Good’ school as rated by Ofsted (February 2019).
- Home of an Extended School Day for Years 7 and 11 to ensure the broadest possible curriculum of academic learning and extra-curricular experiences
- Featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person to play a significant role within the school to ensure the safeguarding of children and support for local families in accessing services.
The ideal candidate will need to have:
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- A thorough knowledge of Safeguarding and Keeping Children Safe in Education to enable the postholder and Senior Vice Principal to work together to ensure effective procedures to safeguard children within the school.
- Be able to use restorative practice techniques
- Experience of managing challenging behaviour
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to remain calm even when under pressure
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- informal enquiries are welcome – please contact Dean Jones our Principal. on 0114 257 6238 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
- Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website (see link) to find out more.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Closing date: Monday 21st August 2023
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply today.
Academies Enterprise Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a robust, fair and consistent recruitment process which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for Teacher Training placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetschools.org/itt/ for further details.
Click here to apply.