Respond appropriately to disclosures or concerns which relate to the well-being of a child;
- To maintain accurate, confidential and up-to-date documentation on all cases of safeguarding and child protection and report where required;
- To work directly with children in need and their families in the community in order to promote, strengthen and develop the potential of parents/carers and their children in order to prevent children becoming looked after and/or suffering significant harm;
- Where required, liaise with statutory agencies and ensure they have access to all necessary information;
- To initiate and refer students to outside agencies and co-ordinate referrals;
- To liaise with school staff in initiating multi-agency referrals for students; When appropriate, to act as lead professional and coordinate Team Around the Child meetings;
- To ensure that vulnerable students are supported appropriately and sensitively and that all actions assigned to the academy from planning and interventions meetings are successfully carried out;
- To support the delivery of personalised learning for students who may need support as a result of safeguarding, wellbeing or health concerns;
- To take an active role in supporting healthy eating and be available to work with groups of students;
- To manage the administration of CPOMS and liaise with key staff including the Inclusion Coordinator; To collate and produce statistical information with regards to safeguarding and pupil and monitored groups;
Job Title: Safeguarding Officer
Reporting to: Assistant Principal, Deep Support
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the Academy’s policies and procedures
- Respecting confidential issues linked to home/students/teacher/Academy work
Fire Marshall duties in the case of Fire and/or Emergency Evacuation where applicable
- To comply with the Academy’s Child Safeguarding Procedures, including regular liaison with the Academy’s Designated Child Safeguarding Person over any safeguarding issues or concerns;
- To comply with the Academy policies and procedures at all times.
Undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
Click here to apply.