JOB TITLE: Safeguarding Officer
LOCATION: Stockport Station
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full-Time
SALARY/BENEFITS: £11.75 per hour
W0RKING PATTERN: 40hrs/week
To proactively patrol our client’s infrastructure, providing excellent customer services, ensuring a safe and secure environment for our client’s customers and staff. If you are someone who likes to interact with people and thrives in a busy environment where no two days are the same, then this role is for you.
- Active, enthusiastic, and approachable as the role involves engaging with the general public, answering their questions, and providing an excellent level of service to all customers.
- A desire to help people, deliver pro-active level of customer service and be always professional as an ambassador for the railway.
- Good conflict management skills and the ability to diffuse situations appropriately.
- You will need to hold a valid SIA Door Supervisor License
- You must have an excellent level of communication with a good command of the English language.
- Good written English is essential.
Core duties and responsibilities of a Safeguarding Officer:
- You will be customer-facing providing a high-profile level of reassurance, offering support and assistance to customers creating a safe and secure environment.
- Provide a clearly visible customer service and safety presence for passengers on board trains and at stations.
- Update electronic daily logs and activity sheets.
- Assist our client’s staff in times of disruption ensuring customer needs are addressed.
- Carry out reactive security checks, following the HOT and WHAT protocols.
- Deliver meaningful crime prevention measures in an interactive and friendly manner in conjunction with British Transport Police.
- Maintain vigilance in order to anticipate and intervene in the event of acts of anti-social behaviour in accordance with company policy.
- Take appropriate action in dealing with and helping to prevent physical and verbal assaults on staff and customers and provide written reports as required.
- Assist in reducing crime, anti-social behaviour, and public order offences.
- Be fully aware of the local Emergency Plans for all stations and on board trains.
- Actively engage with staff and customers, providing exceptional customer service.
- Always operate within the law, and professionally deal with any individual who refuses to act in accordance with the Railway By-laws and Conditions of Carriage.
- Ensure you act in a proactive manner in the performance of your duties and maintain your personal safety and that of your colleagues by making appropriate interventions, including calling upon the assistance of a competent person or emergency services where necessary.
- Support and assist Security Officers that are located at a station.
- Conduct Safeguarding patrols on stations.
- Conduct Safeguarding patrols onboard AWC trains.
- Ensuring understanding and demonstrable implementation of the company values:
· Always do right
· Always seek better
· Always put people first
· Be proactive
· We Listen
- HOT protocol to be followed in relation to suspect packages/vehicles.
- WHAT protocol to be followed in relation to suspect people.
- Enforcing Railway Byelaws
- Safeguarding duties involving vulnerable adults and children
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- To comply with health & safety instructions and directives issued within our client’s Safety Manual.
- To use the appropriate safety equipment properly and to wear Personal Protective Equipment where applicable and report any loss.
- To refrain from the willful misuse or interference with anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
- To refrain from any action that might endanger themselves, other employees, customers or members of the public.
- To report immediately any accidents, incidents or near misses as soon as possible. This should include both personal injury and vehicle damage.
- To comply with all company policies including the Safety and Environmental Policy Statements and Drugs and Alcohol Policy.
- To continuously conduct a dynamic risk assessment at all times.
- You can demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- You take a pro-active approach and attitude to all tasks, responding promptly and in compliance with all required health & safety regulations.
- You can work as part of a team, whilst demonstrating initiative and ability to work independently when required.
Please do not apply for this role unless you:
· Hold a current, valid SIA Licence
· Can provide a full 5 years of work history without gaps.
· Have a flexible approach to working shifts including weekends.
Roles are based from station hubs where you will then travel on the network, with a requirement to support at intermediate AWC managed stations and on board AWC train services.
- We are employee-owned, making you a beneficiary of our future success
- Up to 28 days paid holiday (accrued & pro-rata) including bank holidays.
- Overtime available
- Enrolment in NEST pension scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Enrolment in Wagestream app enables you to draw down up to 40% of your pay before your regular pay day, a great aid to budgeting.
- Excellent service, doing the right thing and outstanding acts can be recognised and rewarded through our On-the-Spot Award scheme with a gift card plus potential submission to the Amulets awards.
- Full company uniform & relevant PPE.
· Customer service skills
· Communication skills
Amulet are a specialist, intelligence-led, consultancy-level business delivering multi-faceted security solutions. We provide a complete suite of front of house, manned, mobile, event, covert, and technical security services across numerous sectors throughout the UK. We offer a new and exciting approach to the provision of security solutions within a traditional marketplace. We are recognised as an ACS Star Performer, leading the way in delivering fresh ideas and approaches that are backed up by a depth of industry knowledge and experience. As part of the Churchill Services Group, Amulet benefit from 40 years’ experience in delivering forward-thinking, industry-defining solutions. Amulet’s customers have the backing of one of the UK’s fastest growing companies as recognised by The Sunday Times Fast Track (2017).
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and seek to attract, develop and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. We’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly, and with respect and dignity throughout the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £11.75 per hour
- Company pension
- Security: 1 year (preferred)
- SIA SG/DS (required)
- First aid at work (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: LM Safeguarding Officer
For more information: Safeguarding Officer Jobs – 2023 | Indeed.com