SENse Learning provide bespoke personalised education programmes for children and young people diagnosed with complex additional needs who find it difficult to access school. We have worked with over 150 students who are out of school or struggling to attend, across England delivering bespoke and holistic packages of education, to enable them to reengage with more formal education.
We are currently recruiting for Case Leads to manage cases within an Alternative Provision where the young people have complex needs.
Applicants will have experience with some or all of the following: complex mental health needs, challenging behaviour, PDA and significant demand avoidance, young people with complex home/life situations such as those on CIN or CP plans and those with youth justice involvement.
We offer flexible job opportunities to enable you to do the work that you love in a way that works for you. The benefits of becoming a SENse Learning Associate are:
– Hourly rate of £50 per hour
– Flexible, remote working
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the line manager weekly via email, attending Case Lead and student team meetings half-termly
- Management of student teams in all aspects
- Liaising with professionals around the student to ensure the student’s needs are being met, including attending and sometimes chairing MDT meetings and report back need to know information from these meetings to the tutor team
- Work closely with the DSL and safeguarding team and feedback need to know information from the DSL to the tutor teams
- Oversight and management of a student’s entire bespoke package
- Keeping track of any finances spent for the student and having an awareness of spending within the given budget
Understanding of needs:
- Have a good understanding of a variety of needs and have the ability to work progressively with these students
- Understand strategies needed for a variety of needs
- Understand the EHCP process and document
- Developing strong professional relationships with children and young people who have complex needs and have often experienced significant difficulties in previous education settings
- Working with therapy teams to deliver activities which meet children and young people’s communication, social, sensory, physical, emotional, and behavioural needs
- Creating and updating timetables for teams and students
- Half-termly updates to target writing using the WILL framework and appropriate curriculum
- Adding targets and timetables to the LearnTrek system
- Regular monitoring of the LearnTrek system and oversight of the team using this correctly
- Creating suggested activities and tasks to meet target objectives as per students allocated hours and the team need
- Plan sessions for Education Mentors
- Regular communication with your team, parents/carers, students and other professionals involved in the student’s EHCP
- Reporting writing; a snapshot report (half termly) and a full report (termly)
- Write a full report for the student’s Annual Review and attend review meeting
- Communicating frequently and effectively with colleagues and families about the needs of the children and young people and regularly reviewing our strategies and practice as these needs change
- Ensuring all on roll school and local authorities are updated on student progress as per the case lead handbook
Due to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure and Barring Service at an enhanced level as well as receipt of, at least, two recent satisfactory professional references.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 2-20 per week
Salary: £50.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Do you have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)?
- Have you got experience teaching young people with SEN?
- Children/young people with mental health/Complex needs: 1 year (required)
- Managing teams or line management: 1 year (required)
- Attending and/or chairing multi-disciplinary meetings: 1 year (required)
- Working in Specialist Settings e.g. PRU, SEN school etc: 1 year (required)
Work Location: Remote
Source – Dsl Jobs – 2023 | Indeed.com