Safeguarding & Behaviour Case Manager
- Salary: Circa £28 – 32K (negotiable)
- Location: Hybrid – mix of home working and at NFYFC’s offices (Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, UK)
- Contract: Full-time (37½ hrs per week). Fixed term (to end of August 2024) with possibility of extension. Freelance/Consultancy considered
The National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs (NFYFC) is seeking an experienced safeguarding professional to join its safeguarding team to support the delivery and management of its safeguarding and discipline policy and processes. This post will report to the Head of Safeguarding and plays an important role in supporting YFC county federations to manage and develop their safeguarding responsibilities.
This is an exciting opportunity working within NFYFC’s Safeguarding department as part of a busy team, responsible for:
- Managing and supporting safeguarding and conduct & discipline case management,
- Ensuring all safeguarding referrals are managed to the highest standards
- Ensuring all safeguarding, behaviour and discipline policies, procedures and processes are implemented and maintained to provide strong governance throughout YFC.
Reporting to the Head of Safeguarding, you will be responsible for managing allocated cases and referrals, relating to both children and adults, as well as representing NFYFC with appropriate statutory agencies. You will be part of the NFYFC case management group and support the safeguarding team with matters that are reported.
To find out more about the role, download the full Job Description and Person Specification document.
Please note the closing date for this role is 12 Noon, Monday 20 November 2023 with interviews scheduled for Wednesday 29 November at The YFC Centre, Stoneleigh Park CV8 2LG.
The successful candidate must:
- have a recognised safeguarding qualification
- have significant experience as a safeguarding officer in a membership organisation context (safeguarding experience in different context or profession with significant experience of volunteering in a membership organisation will also be considered)
- have expert and in-depth knowledge of safeguarding practices and legislation
- have knowledge of statutory agency practices
- have the ability to distinguish between observation, facts and information gained from others
- have excellent communication skills
- Be willing to undertake a DBS check
Previous knowledge of case managing safeguarding referrals in a membership organisation environment is essential.
So, if you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you. For an informal chat about this role, please contact NFYFC’s Head of Safeguarding Val Wright by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship and that you must have right to work in the UK to apply or be considered for this role. If you are a non-UK/EU National, you must have an appropriate working visa to undertake employment. You must also be working within the UK to apply or be considered for this role, due to the public liability insurance NFYFC holds.
NFYFC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to inclusion and embrace the spirit of all equality legislation. Where possible we will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it.
For more information: Job Vacancy – Safeguarding & Behaviour Case Manager – NFYFC