The Representative Body of the Church in Wales is the national administrative body of the Church in Wales. We have an exciting opportunity for a Safeguarding Administrator to provide administrative support across all safeguarding functions (casework, policy and training) in the Church in Wales.
We believe that safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility, and that good safeguarding must be at the heart of all that the Church in Wales does.
The Safeguarding Administrator will provide robust, effective organization, administration and record keeping in order to help ensure a safe Church for all, and in particular for children and adults at risk.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
· Excellent organisational skills.
· Ability to manage own workload and work on own initiative.
· Good computer literacy skills.
· Experience of using a database, updating records and producing reports.
· Good interpersonal skills, being able to relate appropriately to a wide range of people.
· Able to work as part of a team and in collaboration with others.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Good numeracy and literacy skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· An empathy with the mission and ministry of the Church in Wales
· Experience of working with e-learning and VLE software.
· Experience of taking minutes at meetings.
· Experience of using SharePoint as a file repository system.
· Experience of specialist safeguarding record management software, such as MyConcern.
· An understanding of the purpose and structures of the Church in Wales.
· Welsh language skills/the ability to communicate in Welsh.
Home / remote working and occasional attendance at Callaghan Square, Cardiff, (Other infrequent attendance throughout Wales may be required for staff conferences and meetings)
34.75 hours per week The nature of this role requires some flexibility in terms of working hours and location.
Applications from candidates interested in alternative work patterns will be considered; however, business needs may place limitations on the arrangements offered.
A cover letter, CV and Application Form are required.
An application form and further information can be found on the Church in Wales website: www.churchinwales.org.uk/en/about-us/work-us/safeguarding-administrator1/
The successful candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory DBS check.
Application deadline: 14 June 2021 at 10.00 am
Application deadline: 14/06/2021