The Learning Disability Community Support Team is organised to undertake four distinct Care Management activities, these being: Learning Disabilities Case Management, Review, Transition and Carers Assessment. The Care Management Team is multidisciplinary, comprising of health and social care workers, who aim to work in partnership with people with a learning disability, to identify and meet their well-being outcomes. As well as providing information, advice and direct social work and health support to people with a learning disability and their carers, the team also commissions a range of accommodation, domiciliary and day opportunities. Our aim is to increase the range of services available to people with learning disabilities in the Vale, maximising their opportunity for community living and increased levels of independence. The Adult Placement and Supported Living Accommodation Monitoring activities also fall within the managerial remit of the Team Manager in addition to a new initiative on developing new community based alternatives to traditional day service provision (Support Planning)
About the role
Pay Details: Grade 11, SCP 40 – 43 £43,857 – £46,845 p.a.
Hours of Work / Working Pattern: 37 hours a week 8.30 -5.00pm ( 4.30pm Friday) with a level of flexibility.
Main Place of Work: Hen Goleg in Barry/ home working.
This is a permanent post.
The Team Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the Learning Disability Team, under the direction of the Operational Manager. This includes the following:
- Providing leadership and professional supervision to the team and regularly reviewing individual and team performance.
- To take delegated budgetary responsibility and actively support the OM in maximising funding opportunities through creative and innovative ideas for service development
- To work with people with a learning disability and their carers in the development of services.
- To establish strong partnerships with a range of agencies.
- To undertake the Lead Coordinator role in accordance with SSWBA Safeguarding Adults at Risk.
You will need:
- Experience of successful management track record including business planning, Leadership of individuals and teams.
- Relevant Service area management experience
- Working in partnership with other agencies
- Successful change management & service development
- Management of resources on time within budget
- Supervision & management of staff
- Knowledge of contemporary strategic and policy initiatives relating to learning disability issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and policies
- Ability to set priorities, manage change, manage risk
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivation, enthusiasm, flexibility and commitment.
DBS Check Required
For Further Information, contact: Linda Woodley Operational Manager 07815859638 or email LMWoodley@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk
For more information, or to apply, please click here.
Job Reference: SS00232