Job Description: Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We work with over 70 local, regional and national partners in five key areas: Sport, Education, Health, Social Inclusion and Community Facilities. Our highly skilled, dynamic and passionate team now deliver over 50 community projects that touch the lives of a huge spectrum of people in and around Burnley. From children and young people right through to senior citizens.
Day-by-day the outreach of our work is growing and along with our brand-new state of the art leisure facility – Leisure Box, Whitehough Outdoor Activity Centre and UCFB at Turf Moor; truly exciting things are happening at Burnley FC in the Community.
The charity is now looking to recruit to the role of Inclusion and Equality Coordinator.
Working closely with the Head of Community Welfare and Inclusion, you will play a leading role in developing and delivering a wide range of programmes in Burnley and the surrounding areas. You will be responsible for building upon the current programmes in the Community Welfare and Inclusion department including Clarets Welcome and Extra Time and delivering these whilst expanding them to their full potential. This will include delivering on new programmes associated with health and wellbeing, inclusion and equality.
In this role you will use the influence of sport to deliver positive change in the lives of under-represented or vulnerable groups and individuals within the local community whilst working to embed quality, diversity and inclusion into all of our programmes and across the organisation.
This is an exciting brand-new role where the successful candidate will help the Charity to continue to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
The Inclusion and Equality Coordinator will be expected to:
• To lead and co-ordinate on programmes in the Community Welfare and Inclusion department, including Health, So-cial, and Sport programmes.
• Develop the Community Welfare and Inclusion programmes, ensuring we enhance our reputation and provide the best possible opportunities for participants.
• Lead Sessional Workers to deliver on programmes.
• Report to existing funders to ensure transparency and accountability using provided platforms.
• Network and encourage new participants to the programme.
• Work with Head of Community Welfare and Inclusion to seek funding opportunities to ensure longevity of pro-grammes and its offers.
• Develop new ideas and programmes where appropriate to ensure the department is responsive to need.
• Organise Youth Voice and participant consultation to help shape delivery.
• Lead on existing sessions and initiatives and drive these forward with passion and motivation.
• Work with individuals and/or groups from a range of diverse backgrounds.
• Strong understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion principles and legal requirements.
• Supporting the Head of Governance and Operations in the development, provision, and delivery of a programme of activity, which will improve organisational effectiveness in Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion.
• Work closely with the Club EDI Lead to ensure the successful achievement of the PLEDIS advanced standard.
• Supporting the development and monitoring of the BFCitC Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion action plan.
• Analyse local equality data and monitoring representation on BFCitC programmes.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with external partners.
• Prepare and deliver training, presentations, and workshops to staff on Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion.
• To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute posi-tively to a safe environment.
• Promote the Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
An ideal candidate will have;
• Experience of working with hard-to-reach young people.
• A proven track record of working with young people in a range of settings.
• Experience in working, developing, and managing relevant partnerships.
• Experience of writing development plans, work programmes and reports.
• An understanding and passion for improving opportunities for disadvantaged people and under-represented groups or individuals in our communities.
• An excellent level of understanding of social inclusion and the issues facing young people and adults from disadvantaged communities.
• A strong understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion principles.
• Experience of analysing equality data and monitoring representation on programmes.
• Experience of managing or supervising staff/volunteers.
• A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
Further details and how to apply
Please apply downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on Burnley FC in the Community website and returning to HR@burnleyfc.com Burnley FC in the Community no longer accept CV’s.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at HR@burnleyfc.com or 01282 446800.
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants may be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
• Only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
• This advert may close early if the appropriate number of applications has been reached.
How to apply: Please apply downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on Burnley FC in the Community website and returning to HR@burnleyfc.com Burnley FC in the Community no longer accept CV’s.