Job Description: Utilising the brand and reputation of Lincoln City Football Club, alongside leveraging our own potential and the influence of our key partners, we will – inspire, empower, and help individuals and communities to improve their physical, social, and mental wellbeing.
The role of a Health and Wellbeing Officer is to primarily assist the Health and Wellbeing Manager to plan, co-ordinate, deliver and evaluate a range of activities and programmes with the aim to improve physical health and mental wellbeing.
The Officer will have line management responsibility, supported by the wider management structure to motivate others and ensure quality of delivery from the HWB team in order to meet the strategic objectives of the Foundation and to improve outcomes to individuals in our communities.
In line with Foundation’s Strategic Objectives a Health and Wellbeing Officer will:
· Work to provide safe, engaging and high-quality physical activity provision and wellbeing support pathways to all Foundation participants in line with the programme curriculum and structure in relation to health, disability and community projects.
· Enhance and advance the progression of participants through programme activity, with the aim to make a positive impact on an individual’s health and personal achievement.
· Develop and lead sessions and be responsible for the delivery of content, administration, data collection, relevant equipment and participant contribution and involvement.
· Connect with other organisations and agencies to ensure the services are an integral part of the wider referral pathways for participants and valued by external partners.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
· To deliver engaging physical activity and mental wellbeing sessions, ensuring quality and aims are met as defined by a funder or investor, or aims set by the programme lead/department manager aligned with the strategic objectives
· Be responsible for ensuring all elements of the programme (Plan, Do, Review) are completed including relevant administration and reporting. Work with department lead and managers to complete required paperwork and where applicable collect, record and submit data
· Take responsibility for session finances and expenditure, working with department lead and Head of Finance to ensure long term viability
· To establish positive relationships and links with people of all ages by adhering to the high standard of customer service required by all Team Foundation
· Working with the Marketing and Communications Manager to showcase programme engagement, successes and increased participation, collecting imagery and content regularly with a clear vision of purpose
· Support the management and integration of volunteers into Team Foundation
· To ensure the required health & safety, welfare, and supervision of participants throughout the session in line with Foundation policies and procedures
· Offer support and guidance to participants reaching out for help or further interaction, referring to external agencies where appropriate
· Responding to enquiries from customers and stakeholders in a professional, informed and promptly manner (including email, online message and telephone)
· Ensure all communication and monitoring is kept up to date, including web queries and the use of the organisations CRM
· To carry out appropriate checks on equipment, venues and facilities risk assessments and to administer the necessary procedures for any incident or accident that occurs to any participant under the Foundations supervision
· To report to the department lead responsible for the programme area on the progress and development of the sessions regularly
· To deputise for other Community Sports Coaches during periods of unavailability for Team Foundation to maintain consistent delivery of high-quality programmes
· Report safeguarding and welfare concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer and department manager
· Ensure that GDPR/Data Protection legislation is adhered to and participant data to handled respectfully and shared only in line with organisational policy
· To ensure that participation is inclusive, removing barriers and improving access to information, interaction and a focus on the customer journey
To act as an ambassador for health and wellbeing delivery and Team Foundation colleagues, encouraging positive participation for all, assisting the programme lead to meet project targets.
Lincoln City Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references, a clear DBS, and the necessary safer recruitment employment checks.
If you would like an informal discussion or wish to find out more about the role, please call Charlotte Hornsby, Head of Operations on 07736 900332
Closing Date: Sunday 11 April 2021, 19:00
We anticipate formal interviews for this role will take place the week commencing 19 April 2021.
All applications must be completed using the Foundation application form. Please visit our website at https://www.lincolncityfoundation.com/healthandwellbeingofficer for further information and an application form.
We do not accept CV’s and cannot keep such documents on file.
Why join Lincoln City Foundation?
Lincoln City Foundation value it’s employees and aims to be an employer of choice. It is important for Team Foundation to cultivate an environment of development and progression therefore actively encourage staff training (internally and externally), networking and opportunities to support a pathway for those that show initiative, innovation and dedication.
We look for individuals to enhance our team creativity, ambition and dynamic. We welcome those who are passionate, adaptable, high performing and target-driven.
As a community-led charity, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the individuals we engage with. We consider ourselves to be a family-friendly, responsible employer and can offer flexible working patterns. We welcome applications from a variety of backgrounds and abilities.
For more information on Team Foundation please take a look at our strategy, vision and mission available on our website or meet the team here: Our Team | Lincoln City Foundation
How to apply: All applications must be completed using the Foundation application form and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website at https://www.lincolncityfoundation.com/healthandwellbeingofficer for further information and an application form. We do not accept CV’s and cannot keep such documents on file.