UK Athletics (UKA) is seeking to appoint a Head of Safeguarding with responsibility for safeguarding across the sport of athletics in the UK, and for ensuring full compliance with best practice standards for safeguarding in sport. This includes manages the new safeguarding team, and ensuring all safeguarding policies, procedures, processes and governance are implemented and maintained throughout the sport. It also means ensuring that all safeguarding referrals are managed and investigated to the highest standards. The role will also work in collaboration and provide leadership and support to the safeguarding leads for the four Home Country Athletics Federations (HCAFs).
Required experience for this role include:
- Demonstrable professional leadership experience in managing safeguarding processes, including case management of safeguarding incidents relating to both children and adults.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge and understanding of safeguarding legislation in the United Kingdom.
- Significant experience of investigative case management, particularly within safeguarding as well as case that are sexual / physical in nature.
- Experience of managing investigative teams within a policing or safeguarding context.
- Have a good knowledge of Safeguarding in the sporting landscape of the UK, together with experience and awareness of the Disclosure and Barring System.
- Experience of being able to prioritise work to meet timescales.
- Be able to work in a confidential setting while dealing with sensitive information.
- Experience of representing organisations with external partners and agencies.
Further details can be found at:
Closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 29th September 2021 at Midnight.
For a confidential discussion or if you have any questions on the role, please contact Mark Munro, Development Director at MMunro@britishathletics.org.uk .
In the result of high volumes of applications, UK Athletics reserves the right to close the vacancy ahead of the stated closing date – please apply early to avoid disappointment. We will endeavour to reply to all applicants but if you do not hear from us with two weeks of the closing date, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
As the nation’s favourite Olympic and Paralympic Sport. UK Athletics embraces equality, diversity and inclusion both on and off the field of play where everyone can participate, we encourage job applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
UK Athletics is a Disability Confident Leader and will guarantee an interview to any candidate with disability who meets the minimum job criteria.
Our core values: Respect, Accountability, Quality, Communication and Integrity are at the heart of everything we do and it is our aim that UK Athletics continues to demonstrate a culture of inclusion to reflect the diversity of the sport.