We are looking to recruit an Education Inclusion Officer to join our Education Inclusion Service on a temporary basis. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join an energetic team to support statutory duties in relation to Elective Home Education and related matters. As part of your duties you will support children and their families to ensure that all home educated children receive a suitable education.
On a day to day basis you will:
- To liaise and undertake home visits to families who have elected to home educate to ascertain what education is being delivered and that learners have appropriate social contact with their peers
- Following home visits write reports and share these with Lead Officer for HE and parents/carers
- To provide support to families to highlight where there are resources that may benefit the learner and provide links to supportive networks
- To liaise with Lead Officer HE and schools where appropriate to support the return of HE learners to schools should they wish to return to mainstream education
- Working with other departments and agencies as required
We are looking to recruit an individual:
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Is well organised and able to analyse data and write reports
- Willingness to challenge schools with regard to the implementation of good practice
- Willingness to challenge parents/carers where there is little evidence of a family undertaking Home Education and reminding them of their responsibilities
- Willingness to challenge attitudes that may compromise a child’s right to a full and efficient education and to apply legal interventions if necessary
- Ability to work effectively within a multiagency context if required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
In addition to the above, we require an individual with a degree of fluency in the Welsh language.
In exchange for your skills and commitment, we will offer you a range of employee benefits including flexible hours scheme, competitive annual leave allowance and a generous pension contribution scheme. More information about our wide-range of employee benefits can be found here. In addition, we are committed to developing our people and will not only provide support to enable you to quickly and confidently take ownership of this role’s key areas of responsibility but in addition, we are committed to supporting your development in order that you can progress your career with us.
Should you wish require any further information about this role, please contact: Catrin Petche, Team Leader Education Inclusion Service.
Note: We reserve the right to amend the application closing date.
Safeguarding and child protection are key priorities for us. We aim to support vulnerable children and young people to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. We and our educational establishments acknowledge that children and young people have a right to protection and will take action to safeguard their welfare. Each member of staff and volunteer is expected to share this commitment, and we will require an Enhanced Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), formerly CRB.
What we offer
Lifestyle savings scheme
Generous employer pension scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Learning and development
Where you’ll work
- Schools and Culture
- We offer appropriate challenge and support to our schools, to help them deliver first class education to all pupils, across the age and ability range. Our primary functions are as follows:
- School Improvement: Leadership; Support and Challenge, Teaching and Learning; Digital Literacy; Literacy and Numeracy; Welsh in Education
- Additional Learning Needs: Provision for pupils with Additional Learning Needs, Inclusion; Attendance; Educational Psychology
- Pupil Wellbeing:Counselling; Welfare; Anti-Bullying, Pupil Voice
- Education Governance: Data ; Governor Support, Policy support
- School Admissions
- Culture: Music Service; Cered; Felinfach Theatre; Museum
- Infrastructure and Resources: Planning School Places; Modernisation and Twenty First Century Schools Programme; Buildings; Grants
- Catering: Day Centres; Primary Schools; Residential homes.
- Childcare Unit: Childcare Sufficiency Assessment; Childcare & Play Grant; Childcare Offer; Out of School (After School Clubs and Holiday Playschemes); Day Nursery, Cylch/Playgroup & Childminder business support and staff training
- Canolfan Rheidol
- Our Aberystwyth office, Canolfan Rheidol is an award winning building. The office, with its open plan design, provides an excellent space for collaborative working.
- Aberystwyth is a lively university town, seaside resort complete with promenade and pier, and the setting of atmospheric TV drama Hinterland.
For more information, or to apply, please click here.