- Are you passionate about gender equality?
- Do you recognise the value of sport in tackling social and economic inequalities?
- Do you want your work to make a difference?
We are looking for a wise people person and administrator with expertise in human resources or governance who is passionate about creating welcoming and inclusive cultures. You will help ensure that all our people – trustees, staff, volunteers, interns and apprentices – better reflect the full diversity of people in the UK; and you will help to develop and maximise their potential by supporting HR and governance.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to work in our small but vital charity that exists because we believe it is wrong for girls and women to be denied the joy, fulfilment and lifelong benefits of sport. And yet still so many are, even here in the UK.
The post-holder will lead and coordinate internal change and reach out externally to draw diverse talent into Women in Sport and the sector as a whole. You will help to create opportunities in the charity, including through connecting with back-to-work schemes, and then help fill these by recruiting and empowering diverse volunteers, interns and placements. As part of the role you will support the development of our diversity and inclusion strategies and provide support to the CEO on governance and trustee engagement.
Women in Sport highly values the quality and diversity of thought that is only possible from a team made up of individuals from a broad range of backgrounds, who can each bring their different experiences and perspectives. For this reason, we encourage applications from men as well as women and would particularly welcome applications from people of colour and a wide variety of ethnic or minority backgrounds, sexual orientation, religion, age or impairment.
Women in Sport is a working culture where everyone can be authentic and true to themselves. We strive to represent the full diversity of the communities we serve.
Main responsibilities are:
- Expand the charity’s capacity and develop our capability by recruiting and supporting placements, interns, apprentices and volunteers.
- Support the onboarding and development of our people, driving the process for engaging new trustees, staff, volunteers and others with the charity, its history and its purpose; and supporting their ongoing development.
- Ensure the effective management of governance processes and development of internal policies and strategies.
What we’re looking for from you
- Understanding of and commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Experience of recruiting, motivating and managing volunteers, interns and placements;
- Strong people management and administrative skills – gained through lived experience;
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to build trust; and
- Commitment to our charity’s cause – to increasing gender equality in sport.
Please see the job description here for full list of responsibilities and the criteria required for this role.
What we can offer you:
- Annual leave: 25 days, plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for 21 hours)
- Pension: Women in Sport operates an auto enrolment pension, with matched contributions starting at 3% of salary.
- Flexibility: We have a range of options for flexible working and we’d be happy to discuss your needs at the interview stage.
- Annual Healthy Living Allowance of £250 (pro rata for 21 hours)
For full details and to apply for this role, visit the application form here.
Closing date: Sunday 16 May 2021