Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Do you want to work in a vibrant, rural 11-18 school, which is in the heart of the Oxfordshire countryside, on the edge of the thriving market town of Banbury? The Warriner School has an excellent academic reputation, both locally and more widely, and we are very proud to be an integral part of the community that we serve.
We want to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated Deputy Safeguarding Lead to join our thriving and successful team. The Inclusion and Safeguarding team is a strong and supportive team which is focused on providing the highest standard of care for our students. This post will appeal to experienced professionals in Safeguarding from a range of professional backgrounds and is a non-teaching role. We are committed to supporting with additional training and support for all our staff and this would include any on-going training.
What we are looking for:
• A staff member with high standards of professionalism.
• A confident team player who understands the importance of relationships with students and parents/carers.
• A selfless individual, putting the needs of students above all else.
• A proactive and hardworking staff member.
• A determined and patient colleague, with the willpower to see things through.
• A highly organised professional, with the ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
• Some experience and/or training around pastoral work /Safeguarding.
What we offer:
• A school with a clear moral purpose and drive for ‘excellence for all our students’.
• Leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop including specific Safeguarding training.
• A clear staff well- being strategy and commitment to its core values.
The Warriner School enjoys a good reputation locally, with dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students. Staff have high expectations for all students and work enthusiastically to continue raising attainment and achievement.
Please note we can only accept CVs as supporting documentation when submitted along with a fully completed school application form.
All schools within the Warriner MAT are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Please be aware that, as part of the shortlisting process we may carry out an online search in line with KCSiE.
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd August at 1pm
We may interview and appoint suitable candidates before the stated closing date
For more information on how to apply, please click here.