We have opportunities for Senior Social Workers to join our Family Safeguarding Teams based across Surrey in Woking, Guildford, Walton on Thames and Reigate.
The salary range for Senior Social Workers is £49,614- £52,681 per annum. This is inclusive of a newly created market supplement of £5,000.
We also offer a financial package of up to £6,000 which is payable in 3 instalments across your first 18 months in post.
Our Surrey Children’s Services are actively working towards becoming a high-performing local authority, evidenced by our improved Ofsted rating in March 2022 and the fact we are now starting to realise the positive impacts of the Family Safeguarding practice model in action with reductions in the number of children subject to child protection plans. We are working hard to sustain and develop our progress and this is driven by the efforts of every member of our social care workforce from our business support and family support workers to our frontline practitioners through to leadership- all working together to create and sustain the right conditions for a positive culture and well-supported workforce equipped to deliver consistent and good quality social work practice for our children and families.
Following a recent realignment of our social care services further focused work is under way to improve our performance for children and families.
About our Family Safeguarding Service
Our Family Safeguarding service are overseen by Assistant Directors- Catherine Watkins and Fiona Wraith who have co- responsibility for our Family Safeguarding Model, Child In Need, as well as pre and court proceedings.
Within Family Safeguarding we use motivational interviewing, multi-agency approach under the Family Safeguarding model, where Social Workers, Family Support Workers, Domestic Abuse Practitioners, Recovery Workers, Mental Health Practitioners, and Psychologists collaborate closely to address family issues efficiently, reducing the need for referrals to other agencies.
To help us achieve our ambitions for children and families we are looking for dedicated, and compassionate practitioners who are child focused and committed to relationship-based social work to join us. You’ll be a qualified social worker, registered with SW England, with access to a car to enable you to visit and support our children and families.
We strive to provide a supportive and dynamic work environment for our employees, that fosters growth, maintains work-life balance, and rewards efforts. We guarantee 5 days of CPD and have access to excellent research and development tools such as Community Care Inform, Care Knowledge and Research In Practice.
Our other rewards and benefits include:
- A competitive relocation package of up to £8,000
- We pay your Social Worker England Registration fee
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service (plus bank holidays)
- Access to our car lease scheme
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Up to 5 days of carer’s leave per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
- Paternity, adoption and dependents leave
Why Choose Surrey?
Surrey is a large and ambitious local authority meaning we can draw from a range of available resources to support the delivery of our services to children and their families, but that’s just part of it. It’s our staff that truly make the difference day in day out and we’d like to share with you some of their insights as to why they choose to be part of Surrey Children’s social care workforce.
Our staff highlighted that you can expect…
- Positive Team and Colleague Relationships – You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a team that thrives on positive working relationships, where collaboration with supportive colleagues in your team, across the organisation and with key partners will enable and enrich your practice.
- Flexibility and Work-Life Balance – We are committed to agile working and trust you to adapt your schedule to suit your needs, balancing this against the need to visit your children and families. It is our expectation that staff attend the office at least 2 days per week.
- Opportunities and Support for Professional Development – You can benefit from a structured environment that encourages growth and development. You’ll have access to ongoing training opportunities via our Surrey Children’s Service Academy, including our coaching and mentoring scheme, a well-structured progression pathway, learning opportunities and reflective and task focused supervision.
- A Sense of Belonging and Familiarity – You’ll be part of our welcoming and approachable social work family where you’ll be able to draw on the knowledge of established team members to support your understanding of the local area and available resources, working for a team where your individual expertise are valued and where you can have fun together.
- A Focus on Wellbeing – We recognise that you are a valuable asset and key to unlocking the positive changes we aspire for with our children and families. The job you do is serious therefore we take your well being seriously and recognise the need for reflective supervision where wellbeing is front and centre of the conversation.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on the 12th February 2024.