Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will work as part of our growing Children, Young People and Families Directorate and project manage our children and young people’s services, based in Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale. You will oversee the delivery of the provision within #Thrive, working in a multi-disciplinary environment with Pennine Care and Link4Life. You will be responsible for providing a consultancy offer to education settings, supporting them to develop their whole school approach to Mental Health, including the provision of advice, guidance, and training.
You will be responsible for the development and management of our delivery models and services, such as drop-ins, early intervention, and therapeutic interventions. You will be responsible for ensuring services are operating at capacity, fulfilling contractual obligations, and are meeting the needs of CYP, families and education settings. You wil work within the THRIVE model, embed this model within your team and have a good knowledge of risk and safeguarding procedures. You will ensure the needs of CYP and regarded with utmost importance through the delivery of services and ensure all contacts reinforce positive decision making, resilience and thriving mental health.
TOG Mind Values
Relationships: we listen and ask questions to understand others and to build trust. People matter to us both inside and out
Potential: we encourage personal responsibility for development by discovering and realising the abilities and energies of others
Aspiration: we support one another, clients and communities to achieve better mental health
Learning: we seek insight and grow from experience, finding new or better ways to contribute to the field of mental health.
Duties Relating to the Post –
- To work as part of the Youth In Mind department management team in the day to day management and running of the service that TOG provides at #Thrive.
- Responsibility for the planning and organisation of several complex activities or programmes which require the formulation or adjustment of plans
- Responsible for implementation of policies for own work area and proposing policy or service changes which impact beyond own area of activity
- Responsible as an authorising signatory for cash/financial payments
- Monitor and contribute to the drawing up of department/service budgets and financial initiatives.
- Responsible as line manager for TOG Minds provision with #Thrive service
- To work out of hours at your project sites as well as supporting departmental clinical phone cover
- Responsible for the teaching or devising of training and development programmes
- Responsible for providing and receiving routine information which requires tact or persuasive skills or where there are barriers to understanding
- To provide clinical supervision as part of TOG Minds supervision group
- Responsible for providing and receiving complex or sensitive information
- Responsible for providing advice, instruction or training to groups, where the subject matter is straightforward.
- To work in partnership with a wide range of partners, key stakeholders and communities.
- To Implements clinical care/care packages and provides advice in relation to the care of an individual or groups
- To actively seek to codesign and coproduce services with Children and Young People
- To research further funding opportunities for the department, including increasing unrestricted funding to support in overall sustainability for the department
- To take responsibility to ensure all projects are monitored and evaluated effectively for safety and key stakeholders.
- To be responsible for achieving all outcomes and outputs related to key projects
- To feed into the directorate strategy and operational plans and deputise for the Senior Manager when required.
Does this sound like the role for you?
For more information please visit
Please refer to the job description and person specification before you submit your application – ensuring that you specify how you meet the essential criteria.
The closing date for applications is midnight on 19th July 2021.
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday