6th July, 2021 6:23 pm
The Department for Education (DfE) has published an updated version of its Sexual violence and sexual harassment between children in schools and colleges guidance for England.
The ‘sexual violence and sexual harassment between children in schools and colleges (from September 2021)’ guidance does not come into force until 1 September 2021.
Schools and colleges must continue to use the 2018 version until then.
This is for:
- governing bodies of maintained schools and colleges
- proprietors of independent schools (including academies, free schools and alternative provision academies) and non-maintained special schools
- management committees of pupil referral units
- headteachers, principals, senior leadership teams and designated safeguarding leads
- what sexual violence and harassment is
- schools’ and colleges’ legal responsibilities
- a whole school or college approach to safeguarding and child protection
- how to respond to reports of sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Full version of guidance can be viewed by clicking here.
Categorised in: News