25th May, 2021 7:04 am
The number of children in care placed in unregulated settings has increased from 2,900 in 2009 to 6,490 in 2020. We want to ensure these placements are of good quality.
This consultation invites views on:
- the key indicators of whether a provider is delivering ‘care’ or ‘support’
- how best to define this provision in future and whether ‘supported accommodation for older children’ is the best descriptor
- what the best provision in this sector looks like and therefore what needs to be accounted for in new national standards
- a proposed suite of national standards
- how settings should be regulated by Ofsted
We have also published a separate version of this consultation aimed at children and young people.
Categorised in: News